You can expect my workshops to be:
- interactive & conversational
- questions welcome and encouraged
- customized and tailored to the needs of each group
Inclusion, Equity and Justice Workshops
Beyond Cultural Competency: Moving Towards Cultural Humility & Responsiveness
- When I hear the term cultural competency, I think about having a checklist of how to treat someone who belongs to a certain identity group. I actually don't think it is that simple. In this workshop, we will discuss how to go deeper in our relationships. Questions that may emerge and be explored could include:
- How do we acknowledge systems of oppression in our work?
- How do our identities play out in conversations?
- How do we navigate these differences?
- How do we stay in conversations when our impact is different than our intention? How do we listen for and navigate the language people use for their identities instead of what we think is correct?
- How do we take risks to have more authentic conversations with people?
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity: It Takes All Three
Unpacking White Supremacy Culture
Dreaming Forward Toward a More Equitable Future
SOAR Analysis: DEI Focus
In this interactive workshop, the group will walk through each step of the SOAR analysis and think about the organizations work in equity and inclusion. We will use the information to brainstorm how move forward.
- On-going conversations are the best way to learn deeply and make change. I would love to build a series for your organization so participants can go deeper into the work of inclusion, equity and justice.
- Some options:
- String together several of the offerings above
- Social justice series on the frameworks of social justice and the different "ism's"